Friday, April 11, 2014

Toting Tulips









Blouse: JC Pennies (similar HERE) | Pants: Flying Monkey via Amara | Shoes: Seychelles | Watch: Michael Kors | Bracelet: Mindy Mae's Market | Purse: CĂ©line (similar HERE) | Sunglasses: Loft

Hey All!
Jess from White Stag Boulevard here, and I am thrilled, as always, to be sharing my look here on Mindy Mae's! I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am that Spring is approaching. The tulips around my house have already started to bloom! I am looking forward to enjoying them for more than just a few days, so... I decided to skip the plucking of my flowers and head to the nearest floral shop. I grabbed these yellow beauties to brighten up my home! If only they would last in my tote I would probably just keep them there for the rest of the week...
Today's look is my simple "around town" Spring uniform. I pretty much live in over sized blouses from April to August. It's a great way to stay cool and it's easy to throw them on in the morning and still get that effortlessly styled look. I am switching out my favorite black leggings from this past winter for a light pair of skinny jeans. What can I say? All things in summer are light and bright, including my denim! For a day full of walking, I dawn my most comfortable wedge strap shoes. I need something that is going to stay on my feet!
My hair for the day is one of my favorite styles for second day curls! The braids pull my bangs out of my face and the loose simple braid down the side adds dimension to my very flat curls! I like to try and use as little heat as possible on my hair, so this works great because most of the time I don't have to re-curl anything! If a piece of hair is looking flat, just add a braid! I recently got a new set of tape in HotHeads Hair Extensions, done by the fabulous Kira Lynch at Amara Day Spa, and can I just say, I AM IN LOVE!
And for the most fabulous part of my outfit... Drum Roll Please....
My beautiful new bracelet from Mindy Mae's Market! I love the sparkle it adds to any outfit, and I also happen to have the coordinating necklace, which I wore straight for like 3 weeks after I got it! (See how I styled it HERE)
Happy Styling!

</
div>

8 comments:

  1. I am loving how fun and bright this is!

    xoxo
    Stacey
    Five Minute Style 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow makes me happy!

    http://giftprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top and tote!

    So spring like!
    Amanda Kaye Grant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yellow top and tote!

    So spring like!
    Amanda Kaye Grant

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole post makes me smile. I need to wear more yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving everything about this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look is gorgeous!! Your hair is perfection and who could pass up those yellow tulips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for participating, we welcome your sugar but you can keep the spice! ;)