Friday, August 17, 2012

D-I-T: Inspired Glitter Bow via Mary Jane & Galoshes


It seemed GLITTER was all over the blog-o-sphere this week. Including THIS unbelievable tutorial from MaryJane and Galoshes! It was beautiful and almost surreal at how simple it was.  Having two girls with hair- I HAD to try it!

Here is a bow my 10 year-old made. All by herself. I love that. I love that she can make her own things and let me work. Most of the time.

We followed the suggestions and purchased Martha Stewart's glitter. Since I had high hopes for this here craft and another one to post on Turning This Into That...I figured I'd go all the way.

The decision was made on which glitter we thought was the best match...my four year-old a little disappointed that her sister didn't pick the slime-green glitter.

We simply {SIMPLY!} styled the bow and sprayed it with craft adhesive - Much to the Craft War judges dismay. (My husband mentioned that as he passed through the room and I'm not sure how to feel about it.)

We moved them to a spot that didn't have a lot of surface area for them to stick to and let them dry.

And there you have it. We'll attach these beauties to some cute clips and be on our way to having a fully-stocked hair arsenal this fall.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! This is a great idea for a craft project my niece and I can do together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the glitter fall off in the hair? Or does it stay on pretty well? These are SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, this is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for participating, we welcome your sugar but you can keep the spice! ;)